Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder&Fast lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 23:29:19 -0600

>What I meant to say was, for example, that if you take even an Leicaflex
>or an R8 adn use a 50/1.4 side by side with an M3 with an 50/2.8, you
>have all the chances to get a better result with the rangefinder.

There is no reason in the world that this could possibly be true. No way.
Anything (if you aren't concerned with sharpness, thus mirror shake isn't a
problem) that your rangefinder lens can do, the SLR lenses can do, and they
can do more, because they can open up for faster shutter speeds, and more
depth of field control. So the fact is, that 50mm 2.8 lens is quite
handicapped in comparison.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Multitasking: Screwing up several things at once...