Subject: RE: [Leica] G2 paternity (was: "cold" lens rendition)
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:44:26 -0500

> Rangefinders are the quintessential fast, wide angle cameras. They focus
> fast lenses more accurately.
>
> Eric Welch

Eric - My own love and use of the Ms aside, is this really true. I seem to
recall that a while back at the Digital Journalist website there was a piece
about the complementary nature of the Ms and the Canon EOS. In that piece,
however, it was pointed out that with the advent of really good autofocusing
systems - such as those in the latest Canon and Nikons - the wide lens
focusing advantage is somewhat reduced. True, there is still a terrific
advantage for the rangefinder in lousy light, but generally? I'm not so
sure.

None of this, of course, has anything to do with the advantages of quiet,
unobstrusiveness, light weight, etc. etc....

B. D.