Subject: [Leica] M6's scratching film.
From: COLBYG@ULV.EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 06:34:20 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

	I've got two recent vintage M6's, one of which may be scratching film.
Do you have experience with testing and detection, and subsequent repair? I
understand that it's possible to replace the pressure plate back, to polish the
pressure plate with a chamois.
	I've tested each body with factory-load Tri-X and wasn't able to detect
the scratching, but I've noticed it in some of my slides.
	With the Tri-X loaded there seems to be considerable resistance to
rewinding; I've been a little concerned about that.
	In advance, I thank you for your advice.

- -Gary S. Colby