Subject: [Leica] Sorry...forgot subject
From: prasepe@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 00:08:7= +2300

Eric,
Ansel Adams, in fact, was an avid user of "normal" focal length back during
his "8x10 period." Many shots were taken with a 300mm on his 8x10 which is
considered normal focal length for this size film. Some taken with 10 in.
(wide angle) and some taken with 19 in. (slightly long). I can't remember
any reference to anything longer than 19 (480mm) so this may be the longest
lense he had for the 8x10. I really don't know what he used during the later
years on his Hasselblad except for one of his most famous shots taken on
Hassey with a 250C (the one in Examples). I just remembered...that book also
has a Hassey shot taken at White Sands with a 50mm. To bring this back on
topic, did you know that he used a Leica during the last year or two of his
life? Anyone know if it was M or R?

Best regards,
Alan

Net-Tamer V 1.11.2X - Registered