Subject: Re: [Leica] Will somebody get that Dan Post straightened out!?
From: Rick Floyd <rick_floyd@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:56:57 -0500

Dan Post wrote:

<<Guys-
I need help- anyone receiving my posts with +ACE+ and similar strings in
place of common punctuation, let me know. I use WIN98 and Outlook
Express,
going through Microsoft Network. I have my 'send' parameters set to
plain
text, MIME and no encoding.
Any help will be appreciated. MS cannot figure out what the problem
might
be.
Send messages and flames privately at dwpost 'at' msn.com- in case the
returnb address below is garbled. Thanks
Dan
dwpost@msn.com>>

Dan:

Almost every post I get from you has that embedded in it somewhere.  I
think it is rather enduring - you know, a "Dan Post" trademark :-)  I
think it "might" be coming from formatting characters.  It seems to show
up in sentences when you are making a point.  I'll try to find an
example in my archives.  In the mean time, are you using bold or
underlining in your text? - Just an idea.

Best,
Rick