Subject: Re: [Leica] Bag
From: "Roger L. Bunting" <rlbunting@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:01:50 -0600

I used this bag on a recent trip to Europe. It was excellent in the
following configuration.

Partitioned into three compartments with movable dividers.
Middle Compartment: M3 w/ 50 summilux and strap
End Compartment: Sekonic 308 + 4 rolls film
End Compartment: 35mm summicron RF + foam lens wrap (would take two
lenses easily in a coupler without the goggles).

I didn't find any of the other small outside pockets useful. But here's
what I really like about this bag.

Worked well in very crowded places: museums and street markets. Has a
very long shoulder strap so it works well across the body. Very secure.

Heavy duty zipper (double pull) covered by a full "wrap around" flap
cover. Zipper is a very heavy guage so kept it open to keep the tabs out
of the way when I was taking the camera in and out of the bag a lot.

Bag is long and "thin". Doesn't add much to the hips in a crowd. Has
full length belt loop but didn't use it - a pain on crowded subways
where I like to slide the bag around in front of me.

Flap is a double layer of material but does not include a zipper. I'm
going to see if my local tailor can add a YKK zipper the length of the
flap for maps, etc.

The entire bag fits very nicely in a natural position in a "day pack".
So for airline travel or just getting it out of the way, it drops in
perfectly to a reasonable sized day pack. I used a small rucksack with
two main full sized compartments. Great for sweaters, windbreakers and
the bag.

I think the F5XB is a great, unobtrusive "M" day bag.

Regards,

Roger