Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 f2 Summicron, rigid vs collapsible?
From: "Dan Post" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:16:44 -0500

If you go to this site:
There is an article by Marc Small, who knows more about Leica and non-Leica
lenses than any one person should be allowed to know+ACE-
I think he favors the rigid Summicron over the collapsible one, but both
have advantages+ACE-
I like the collapsible lenses on a camera I carry in my Jacket pocket
because it is so compact, but the rigid one, while supposedly optically
better ( I personally think you need a test bench to tell+ACE-) really looks
To me- a reasonable approch would be to keep both+ACE-