Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Microsoft bashing Macs
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 01:21:49 -0800

Eric Welch wrote:

> >Wallstreet
> >considered Apple dead. I doubt if the lollipops will save them
>
> Andreas, you are behind the times. Wall Street has pronounced Apple
> resurrected, and the iMac is now the biggest selling computer on the
> market, and most are not upgrades from older Macs.
>
> Would that billionaire Steve Jobs would buy Leica and do a similar
> turnaround - and still be innovative and more quality oriented than bottom
> line oriented.
>
> Leica - Think different...
>
> Eric Welch
> St. Joseph, MO
> http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch
>
> Artist seeks Boss with vision impairment.

I think the new cheep great ASPH's are Leica's iMac. And this can be
combined with the newer M system cameras: TTL and the .85mag options
with The cute flash sitting on top. The R8 hasn't done well at the
startoff but when it sinks in that Leica is making it's own selfdesinged
distinctive SLR's they will catch on too. It sold me. This has been a
huge year for Leica. More stuff coming out that in the previous decade
combined and great stuff. Leica has turned around as far as I'm
concerned and from what I'm aware of the biz aspects of it and my
projections of how its marketing nitch is going to define itself.
Mark Rabiner