Subject: Re: [Leica] R Hard to Focus("cold" lens rendition)
From: "A S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:26:58 -0500

>It's all a matter of perspective. I think Nikon lenses are way warmer than
>Leica. Zeiss bluer, thus colder. There is no baloney on this point. Olympus

Eric: Do you mean Zeiss/Contax RTS or Zeiss/Hasselblad lenses? In my
experience The Z/H lenses are quite warm. However, side-by-side comparison
of Leica M and R shots versus Z/C lenses (my ex-wife uses them)  indicates
"sharpness" favoring Z/C lenses(e.g.,  85mm f1.4 Planar) whereas  "warmth"
is a hallmark of Leica lenses(e.g., 90mm Elmarit-M ).
Tom Shea may have some valuable opinion to offer.
Best regards, Andrew Jordan