Subject: [Leica] Trying to figure a way to get better prices
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:55:03 -0500

Claude,

Leica Camera is unlikely to negotiate directly with the LUG for
equipment sales because, I believe, they want to protect their dealers
who DO add value to the sale.  I have bought equipment from four
different dealers who I use repeatedly. I believe there is value to what
these people offer beyond just a cheap price.  The successful dealers by
the nature of being successful must themselves value service and offer
advice.

I do think that collectively the LUG spends quite a bit of money on
gear.  I spent more than $10,000 on Leica gear last year and while this
is not repeated yearly I do purchase some Leica equipment most every
year.  It doesn't take much to ( a couple of lenses) to drop FIVE grand!

Regards,

Paul