Subject: Re: [Leica] Help IDing Old Leica
From: "Rod Buchanan" <yendor@kdsi.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:32:49 -0600

Thanks to all who responded.  A few more questions:

>According to serial number list AND your description it is a IIIc and
>was manufactured in 1941 or 1942. Unscrew the lens and check to see
>if the shutter curtains are red instead of the standard black.

This is probably a stupid question, but how do I "unscrew" the lens.  It's not obvious to me.

>only thing I don't understand is the shutter release unless it is one
>of the delay timers -- but then I think it would stick up further
>than 7/8 inch.   The lens is most likely uncoated ( GIve serial
>number and I can tell you what the books say).

Where is the lens' S/N located?

>Also,  Does it have any engraving that says "Eigentum"?

No.

One last note: the "body" of the camera is not black, but a brushed metal of some kind (stainless steel?).  I don't know if it was
covered or not -- it doesn't look like anything has peeled off.  There are two small black screws on the front.

Once again, Thanks to all who responded.

Rod Buchanan