Subject: [Leica] RE: Macro Lenses (older non-Leica)
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:28:04 -0800

<snip>
I think that the 50 mm Zuiko I'm talking about is better than any 50 nikkors
I've owned or still owns but the 55 micro nikkor f/3.5 is way better its
zuiko equivalent.
<snip>

I have to say that the sharpest macro lens I ever used was a Kiron 105mm
F2.8.
Now before some turn their noses up at this let me mention they made lenses
for a short time under their own name.  This lens was an improved version of
the well-regarded 90mm Vivitar Series 1 macro that everyone tried to get in
their mount.  I took some macros with the Kiron that surprised the heck out
of me, and even had the owner of the lab I use ask me what lens I used for
those slides.  If anyone ever finds this lens in a mount they use, grab it.
Hard to come by, but it is one heck of a lens.

Peter K