Subject: RE: [Leica] R Hard to Focus
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:49:29 -0600

>Baloney!  Nikon lenses are pretty neutral.  No yellow cast.  If you want a
>warm lens to compare use a Zuiko (Olympus).  Its warmer than Nikon.  Leica
>lenses are actually a bit on the cool side (subjectively speaking).

It's all a matter of perspective. I think Nikon lenses are way warmer than
Leica. Zeiss bluer, thus colder. There is no baloney on this point. Olympus
is one line I've never used, so I can't comment. But everyone I know things
Nikons tend to be warmer than Leica, and neutral isn't the word I'd use.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.