Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera Bag for an amateur photographer with M6's
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 07:03:07 -0800

I want to thank all of you for helping me find a camera bag that I am
very pleased with. I used it yesterday afternoon walking in the
sunshine taking Kodachromes of sailboats, people and the snowy Olympic
Mountains just peaking through the clouds.

The bag was designed and actually made near where I bought it at
Ballard Photography northwest of downtown Seattle.  The bag is shown
at:

 http://sundogusa.com/AWConvertiblePhotoFannyPack2.html
+ALc- Carries as a waist pack or a shoulder bag. +ALc- Protects against impact
with unique foam sandwich construction. +ALc- Forms to fit your camera
accessories with adjustable internal Velcro dividers. +ALc- Features our
unique Nailhead fabric, specially coated for superior water
resistance.

FABRIC:420d NailheadCOLORS:Black ITEM+ACM- SIZE DIMENSIONS VOLUME
550 M 10IN. W X 8IN. H X 6IN. D 480 CUBIC IN. 7.8 LITERS
551 L 13IN. W X 9IN. H X 6IN. D 702 CUBIC IN. 11.4 LITER

I bought the smaller 550 model and(as most of you told me) it has
enough volume to carry more weight than I want to carry on my
shoulder.  If I want to carry anymore I will put the extra in a pack
on my back. The fanny pack(strong padded waist belt) works great
especially if I start running for it keeps the bag from flopping
around. I wear the bag in the normal way over my shoulder but fasten
the belt to keep it tight against my body.

The big difference between the bags most of you recommended and mine
is the SunDog is closed at the top with a zipper instead of a big flap
and snaps. We will see how that works but at first glance the zipper
does make a tight seal against rain and dust. And I have already
installed large(easy to grab), colorful(easy to see) zipper pulls.

So once again you LUGers came through for me.  You cannot believe how
many private e-mails I received on just this one camera bag issue+ACE-

You all turned me on to the Leica M system a year ago when it became
obvious that my Retinas were no longer viable. And I am very glad you
did for these cameras and lens are a pleasure to handle and shoot. And
Katy and the boys and my Mom enjoy my photographs also.

A couple of you are helping me sort my Visoflex problems out. One
active LUGer is actually looking at mine(I UPSed it to him across the
U.S.) right now and another copied and sent me lots of interesting
Viso literature and instructions on how to clean the ground glass.  I
now understand how the Viso is supposed to work now when a
couple-three weeks ago I did not have a clue.

It is truly becoming in information society.  There are far more
choices but we can make informed decisions because of lists like this
one.  I am trying to answer my share(mostly by private e-mail) of the
questions on this list and many other lists that I participate in.
This new technology is truly for the good. I still have my doubts
about TV(we do not have one in the house)  but cyberspace is a keeper.

Thanks for the help and encouragement folks.   Dale
- ---
+ACQ- dale-reed+AEA-worldnet.att.net  Seattle, Washington U.S.A. +ACQ-