Subject: Re: [Leica] Overhualing a lens: cost?
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 21:39:18 -0500

Bob-
Hard to say without having one of the knowledgeable look at it...
Sherry and DAG can clean and lube a lens for less than a hundred, if there
is nothing fundamentally wrong with the glass. If it needs repolishing,
recementing, or recoating, John Van Stelten is the man. Cleaning can run
around a hundred, recementing or recoating run about +ACQ-125 for either
process, or so my lenses did- if they need both, you only pay the cost to
tear down once, so its a little less. I had the front lens group in my
Rollei 2,8E repolished, recemented and recoated for +ACQ-225 plus shipping- and
it is like new- and was way less than finding a beater with good glass+ACE-
Check with them- They can make an old lens work like new, or nearly so+ACE- I
was amazed at what can be done with one of those 'obsolete' lenses+ACE-
Dan
dwpost+AEA-msn.com