Subject: RE: [Leica] Noctilux fever
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 12:29:11 -0600

>How would I define Leica philosophy? At it's most basic, it might be
>described as using the least obtrusive, intrusive equipment to get the most
>photographically - given that the equipment is of the highest quality and
>reliability.

Using the least unobtrusive equipment. That is certainly a hallmark of
Leica. The highest quality, that's true of M and R. Reliability, well,
there are fits and starts there. But my R8 has been the best Leica SLR I've
ever owned, bar none.

>P.S. Has anyone out there survived a conversion from Windows 95 to 98
>without a nervous breakdown?

Yep. But don't upgrade. Blow away Win95 and do a new install of Win95, then
upgrade to Win98. Win98 doesn't like well-worn software. Better yet, get NT.

Better yet, get an iMac. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Bumper Sticker: "Horn doesn't work; Watch for finger."