Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux fever
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 17:35:45 +0000

>I don't have the Noctilux.  I have no desire for it.  I fail to see the
>reason for spending horrendous amounts of money on a lens for one more
>extra stop, when using one stop slower shutter speed & bracing, or
>one stop EI faster film will do the trick. I will admit, though, that
>the bokeh is *very* nice, judging from LUGgers pix.

I have the 50 summicron, the 50 summilux, the 50 elmar and finally bought
the Noctilux.  I thought I was an idiot.  When I bought the Noctilux, I was
thinking of disposing of the summilux and the elmar.  It never happened and
I still have them.  Leica gear has an addicting effect on humans.....
acquisition beats disposal.

So I used my Noctilux and hmmmmmmmm......... the pics are nice, superb,
very artistic!!  Then  when I went to north Thailand and took 6 rolls of
Delta 400 with my 50 summilux.... the pics ..... hmmmmm ....the Karen
people...  were also very nice.  Heck!   Should I dispose of my Noctilux.
I looked at the lens.  Yes, No, Yes, No.  No. No.   I'm not selling.
No....no!  Leica gear madness again.

I'm beginning to realize,  Man + Leica = Irrational Behavior.  It's become
a matter of, "If it makes you feel good... then do it."

So, if I had another chance, would I buy that darn Noctilux again?   Yes,
yes, yes..... ohhhhhhhhhhhh, yes!!

Dan K.