Subject: Re: [Leica] Dropped My M6
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 00:18:27 EST

Tom, If you can undo the set screw under the rewind crank and remove it from
the camera (you need to use something on the inside to hold the two teeth on
the wind mechanism while you do that) you can most likely lightly tap it into
shape. The material is alloy and it will bend. Dont use too much force as this
can crack the metal. Take out the folding crank (screws on the underside of
the rewind crank housing) and put the bent housing upside down on a flat
surface — put some heavy cloth or leather over it and lightly tap it
reasonably straight with a light hammer. It probably wont look mint
afterwards, but it usually works. I know, I have bent a lot of these cranks —
they should be made from a heavier gauge material — although now they work as
a shockabsorber to — the deformation of the light metal protects more tender
parts inside.
Tom A