Subject: Re: [Leica] carry-on luggage
From: Jeff Segawa <jsegawa@jademountain.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 20:44:26 -0700

So...what's your pick of major American carriers? A few years ago, I
discovered rail travel, and enjoy travelling in 1st Class accomodations in
one of Amtrak's refurbished Superliner cars-very cheap, compared to same on
the airlines, and a much better buy, I think. It's not easy to photograph
through those big windows though, particularly at an angle, as they appear
to act as polarizers.

Outside of the US, I've had good experiences on Japan Air Lines and
Singapore Airlines, but in general, don't like the lousy view from 30,000
feet! A Superliner cabin, on the other hand, glides at just the right
height; now if only the windows could be opened :-)

Jeff Segawa
See my photography online at
http://www.netone.com/~segawa