Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux: First shots posted, please look
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 20:50:12 -0800

Hi Tony,

Gee one little period missed! And I thought there was something wrong! :)

Got that out of the way and your site opened OK.

Nice pictures of how to walk about shooting hand held scenes with
comfortable shutter speeds. There are lots of photographers, obviously non
Leica, who'd  tell you, you're crazy shooting night scene hand held
exposures, it can't really be done with any reasonable quality. You know
better. :)

So what can I say but, "Welcome to the Knights of Noctilux Light." :)
You'll find yourself in the company of "Lords and Lady (Tina) in the relm
of darkness!"  Or how low light can you get? :)

From this day forth you'll go forward, head and Noctilux held on high
showing no fear of low light levels! :)  The motto is, "Show no fear the
Noctilux is here. If we can see it we can shoot it!" :)

Now you can begin to get serious and get down to some teensy light situations.

The next part of the light test to reach your full honour as a Knight, is
shooting f.1.0 at  1/15th with asa 3200 film! :)  Oh! they didn't send that
part of the test with the lens?  Well OK seeing you're one of the new
Noctilux rookies, you are now challenged to do your stuff and show the LUG
you are truly a "Knight of Noctilux Light!" :)

Think "available darkness", seek this non light of magic and expose
thyself, (oops sorry) thy film! :) And bringth magical images for all to
see the beauty of the Noctilux!

Best of all? Have fun shooting in light conditions you never thought you'd
be hand holding and exposing film without tripod or flash.:) Neat lens, eh?
:)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant