Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Enlarger Question
From: "Bob Parsons" <bobp@dodo.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 12:43:20 -0000

Bill Welch wrote:

>Alan, Don't let that stop you. I picked up my V35 sans Leitz lens, and I
>use one of two Schneider lenses on it -- a 50mm/2.8 Componon-S
>and a 40mm/4 Componon. Schneider now makes a 40mm AP0,
>which might be a good choice.

Also, if you're lucky you can get a negative carrier for the V35 that has
an oversize aperture allowing you to print all of the negative with a black
border on the print, which is what you wanted. I'm not sure of the part
number but the Leitz box mine came in has 17011 written in several
places. Perhaps someone can confirm this for Alan. Pictures made
with a 21mm lens have a very narrow border though, 24mm and above
are OK.
The top plate has anti Newton ring glass and the bottom plate has a
much finer etched anti ring glass. The V35 is a fine, easy to use enlarger
if  you only need 35mm. You can get color and multigrade variable
contrast dichroic filter modules for it.

Best regards,   Bob Parsons.