Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm collaps f2.8 elmar
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:49:33 +0800

Gary,

> I got really lucky and was given a 50mm f2.8 elmar.  Came with a chrome
> leica lens cap.  However, the front element does have light scratches on it.
> Is it possible and is it worth it to have this repaired.  The glass itself
> is not foggy, nor does the rest of the lens have any fungus.   It would
> appear to me if a recoating pro could rework it, it would be a real nice
> lens.  Does Leica still redo old lenses like this? Has anybody done this?

I posted a similar question a couple of months ago.  I have an otherwise
mint screw mount Summicron with a scratched front element, and thanks to
the helpful advice I received from fellow LUGgers, my lens is now in the
hands of John van Stelten.  He will polish and re-coat the front element
and I shall expect a charge of $125.  You may contact Mr. van Stelten
at:

John van Stelten
Focal Point Inc.
1017 South Boulder Road