Subject: Re: [Leica] Movies - Leica Product Placement
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 22:43:19 -0700

> Going back to the original thread of what is the oldest movie -- I just recalled that
> there was a Leica used by the female photographer in "Philadelphia Story" (1940)
> - an actress named Ruth Hussey.  The three lead actors were similar unknowns
> named Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn and Jimmy Stewart. ;-)
>
> Mark Hammons.
Just saw it on tv last week. A week before saw the remake called "High
Society" with Frank Sinatra playing Cary Grant and Grace Kelly (my
favorite and Rolleiflex affectionare) playing Hepburn. Angela Lansbury
did the camera work on this one and I think she had an Argus. They later
came out with a magazine based on the movie but it didn't have the same flavor.
Mark