Subject: RE: [Leica] carry-on luggage
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 22:10:58 -0800

Tom Shea wrote:

><< United limits luggage >>
>
>This is a good step forward by United.  I fly over 100,000 miles a year on
>United and applaud their innovation with the template.>>>>>>>

Hi Tom,

I bet you'll find it's a big pain in the ass!!!! Trust me I've tried more
times than I can count to fit my camera bag through those damn things as we
have and had them in Canada for many years....However you rarely run into
them now.

The stupidity of them is they are supposed to be the size of the space
under the seat in front of you.  The idiot that designed the template has
never been on an a plane!

Added to that the $1.98 an hour mental midgets that are supposed to be
security checkers and this template thing will drive you carzy .....unless
you are just carrying a newspaper.

Sorry I know this has little to do with Leica and yet everything for those
of us who fly and carry bags full of the Leica stuff.  My bag will fit
under the seat in front of me, but will not go through the template chrome
bars at the security check. So go figure, doesn't this indicate that some
idiot is really running this thing?

How's this for "brains"? Bag wont go through template bar, Open bag take a
couple of lenses out put them in jacket pocket, bag now squiggles through
sizing bar. Put jacket with lenses through x-ray, walk through, pick-up
bag, re-place lenses from jacket....walk on plane!

So much for the template!
ted