Subject: [Leica] I can sleep now; Received my new Noctilux!!!
From: Tony Rowlett <rowlett@alaska.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:18:07 -0900

Dear LUGnuts:

After many, many years (actually, about a week) of truly agonizing, pins
and needles, appetite free, sleepless, broken eyeglass, PhotoFlo mistaken
for hardner in fixer, crick-in-neck due to too much tossing, "hope I don't
get hit by a truck before I get it"........anticipation *whew*, my new
Noctilux arrived by FedEx today!  I finished a roll of Tri-X (EI=400),
about 5 shots, all at f/1, except for the last, which was shot at f/2.8 at
1/1000th almost, but not quite, directly into the low-lying mid-day sun.
Purchased an OP/Tech weight reduction strap and a roll of Kodak Gold 400,
and will attempt to shoot most, if not all, the frames at f/1.  I'll
probably turn that in tomorrow to a pro lab for my first color results.
Any interesting pics will be immediately scanned and posted to
http://www.alaska.net/~rowlett under a heading which doesn't yet exist
called "Noctilux."  I must tell you that this lens has the nicest and most
velvety "feel" of any other manufactured object I have ever picked up.  I'm
not kidding, this object is beautiful.  The f-stop detents alone have
wonderful feel.  Heck, who needs to take pictures with this marvel when it
is such a joy to merely handle?

Tony Rowlett
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.alaska.net/~rowlett