Subject: Re: [Leica] vintage collapsibles
From: "dan states" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 10:52:36 PST

I have an Elmar 3.5 that I have used on my m6 and IIIF for years.  Its
performance is decent from about f 5.6 down. They are certainly very
nice to travel with due to their small size, but be aware that flare and
wide open performance is not up to todays standards.  Make sure you try
out the aperture for smooth operation, and don't buy one with lots of
scratchs.  Despite what many dealers say it DOES make a difference,
especially in bright light.