Subject: Re: [Leica] pocket camera
From: Jeff Segawa <jsegawa@jademountain.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 17:28:17 -0700

Minox 35GT-series!! Tiny, but with a handy clamshell design and good
ergonomics. Viewfinder is okay, but not great. GT series has AE lock and
backlight comp switch, but you can also use the film speed dial to control
exposure. It's quiet enough to make the noise from a Leica M seem like a
roar! (I recently got dirty looks from a CNBC cameraman, who found my M6 too
noisy)

Complaints: Later models added an integral (UV?) filter which really wasn't
needed for protection.

In theory, the Rollei 35 should also do well, but I find it awfully
fumbly--I'd have to conduct some tests before I could give it my seal of
approval :-) though from what I can see, the 35SE is one of the nicer ones,
and it's top-mounted meter display would work well for presetting the camera
without holding it up to your eye, and you can change the battery while
film's loaded in the camera.

Jeff Segawa
See my photography online at
http://www.netone.com/~segawa