Subject: [Leica] Non Leica Cassettes
From: "Gary and Dawn Klein" <gdklein@bytehead.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 19:20:23 -0600

If one was to consider non leica reloadable cassettes, the ones I have used
for years and years with great results are Kodak's Snap Cap Cassettes.  They
are not the cheapest, but they have several advantages and notes of caution.
They are:
1.  They have a nice erasable white surface to write on in pencil.  High
quality guage metal.
2.  They are crimped on one end, thus having only one end to worry about.
3.  If cared for you can reload with them at least 10 or 15 times for the
really paranoid bulk loader fanatic, or in my case, I inspect them and
inspect them before reloading.  I have had some for over 10 years.
4.  Always, always keep them in covered containers away from dust and
derbis. Compress air is a bulk loaders best friend.  I toss them when the
snap end seems to be less than snug in fit.    Keep your bulk loader in a
box when not in use.  Reduces the chance of dust and grim to make life
miserable.  No sense spot toning, or cloning any needless scratches from
images.

gck