Subject: RE: [Leica] LUG Tim Atherton featured in --- Leica Fotographie
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 16:09:25 -0700

> Hi Tim,
>
> Nice spread in Leica Fotographie !!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!
>
> Folks one of our own LUG members is featured in the latest issue of Leica
> Fotographie. Have a look, not often the magazine features a real
> photographer.
> ted

Thanks Ted,

I haven't actually seen it yet. After all the not so encouraging remarks
about Leica Fotografie last year, I was kind of keeping my head down about
this until I saw the results! (after subscribing to it for a number of
years, I had let my subscription lapse a few years ago).

In the discussions on the LUG there were a number of comments about the text
accompanying images. I think that can be explained by the fact that the
magazine sends out a questionnaire to contributors, from which they then put
together the article - it seems a slightly bizarre way of doing it. Combine
that with the vagaries of translation and I think it explains some of the
stilted wording...

BTW, I have no idea yet which images they chose - I gave them a pretty wide
selection. So I am glad you like the article. I should have some copies on
the way.

Tim A