Subject: Table top processors Re: [Leica] Chalk and Charcoal in HC110
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 07:55:40 +0000

The solution in the tabletop processors, as opposed to that in a
traditional developing tank, doesn't cover the entire reel of film.
The horizontal design of Jobo et al. would result in areas of over
development if the rotation were intermittent.

I initially shared your concern about constant agitation until I
attended a Jobo seminar and paid attention to the section on b&w film
processing.  Generally a five minute pre soak in tempered water, an
appropriate dilution of the developer, and an adjusted developing
time with a minimum of five minutes tame the beast of
overdevelopment.

Jobo USA has been for me a sound source of tech advice on processing.
So you might want to get in touch with them directly as well,

HTH

Roy