Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M's and Rainbows
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 15:09:38 -0800

>  Dale's reference to the site
><http://www.howstuffworks.com/question41.htm> doesn't mention
anything
>about the effect of altitude on the viewing angle, so it doesn't add
much
>to the background information.

I just wrote Marshall Brain and told him us LUGers would appreciate
having the effect of the observer's horizon included in his site's
rainbow discussions.

Also I ordered a used copy of "Galen Rowell's Vision" from a
cyberspace bookseller.   Thanks for the tips folks.  Turned out to be
an interesting question resulting interesting answers.   Story of my
life in cyberspace.

Now I have to take my afternoon nap then put my walking shoes on to
participate in PAD.   Got some good shots yesterday with my 135mm lens
directly under the flight path into SeaTac airport with the sun just
barely peaking under the very dark clouds lighting the Boeings with
their flaps down and spewing their streams of unburned fuel over the
surrounding...   Oh Oh, I was not supposed to mention that.  I am sure
that those were just normal vapor trails streaming off the tips of
their flaps.     Dale
- ---
$ dale-reed@worldnet.att.net  Seattle, Washington U.S.A. $