Subject: [Leica] LENS REPAIR HELP
From: Pete Groh <pjgroh@cros.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 13:17:10 -0800 (PST)

Greetings:

I've been a sideline observer of the LUG for a couple of
months now.

Hopefully, someone can help me out with a lens problem.

A couple of years ago I bought an M2, 90mm Elmar f/4, and
a collapsible 50mm F/2.8 Elmar at an amateur radio hamfest
for a couple of hundred bucks.

Everything seems fine except the 50mm lens is totally unsharp.
Just a blob on the film. First, I thought I had left the lens
collapsed when I tested it.  Tried again; same result.

Lens looks good -- mint minus. I suspect their is an element
way out of whack or someone "borrowed" one of the elements.

Anyhow, might someone suggest an independent repair shop
that might be be able to take a look at it.

(The M2 works fine and the 90mm Elmar seems OK,
although it's certainly not as sharp as some of the modern-day
lenses I use.)

Thanks in advance.

Pete J. Groh
Castalia, OH