Subject: [Leica] Welcome to tje LUG
From: Paul Collura <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 15:46:04 -0500

Welcome, Matthias to the LUG.  You will find excellent advice as well as
numerous opinions many of which are quite valuable.  I'm mostly a lurker
being to busy with work to spend much time in photography at the
moment.  I look forward to your contributions.

Tchuss,
Paul Collura

I am new to this list and would just like to announce my presence
here.    ;-)

I live in Germany and am not using a Leica yet. At this time I use older

(70's) Minolta SLR, my favorite being the XE-1 (similar to the R3 and
with a Leitz metal shutter).

>From what I've seen and read I've fallen in love with the Leica M
cameras esp. the M3 and M4 and so I decided that I just have to have
one, maybe with a 50mm Summicron for a start.

At the moment I try to gather as much information about Leica M
equipment and would be happy to receive any inputs from your side as to
how to start, what to look for (how much to pay for...) and just plain
good advise.

In photography I am mostly shooting portrait (I am lucky to have - at
the moment - three female models available) and available light and
nocturnal scenes.

Many thanks in advance,  I am looking forward to participate on this
list,

Matthias