Subject: [Leica] Re:Safe photography
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 11:56:46 -0700

Bryan wrote:
[cut]
Also pleasantly absent is any worry that your camera equipment is going to
be stolen. Quite a different feeling than shooting in parts of some American
big cities. It's not unusual to hear stories about cameras left in
restaurants, subway stations or city parks only to be retrieved hours or
even days later by their owners who realized they'd been left behind.
I do not want to prolong this thread re English usage. But Bryan's comment
reminded me of my son's experience of about 15 years ago. He was staying
with a family in Toyko and left his camera on bench in a down-town park. He
was upset, but his host mother told him would either be where he left it, or
at the police station. The next day they checked, and there it was,
Sincerely,
Joe Stephenson