Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux as a GP lens
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 12:33:04 -0800

Sam Alexander wrote:

>I've noticed that the LUG has recently changed from a generally technical
>discussion of Leica photography, equipment, experiences and opinions - to
>an increase of discussions better held in a psychiatrists office. Not to
>mention the recent overload of booze related topics. Could this be an omen
>of a strange events to come in this year-before-YK2?>>>>>

Hi Sam,

Your probably right! :)  However, some of the technical stuff was/is so off
the wall at times it's enough to put you in your grave, never mind the
psychiatrist office.:)

Besides the latest mixture of wild and wooly things is much more fun than
the deep single minded techie stuff.  Not that we don't need the tech
stuff, as it sure has given me a better understanding of things Leica.  And
I applaud folks like Erwin Puts who give so much wisdom to this group and
still retain their patients to put up with the scotch, cars and sundry
non-Leica topics.:)

But I feel we always need a nice mix of things, as many folks come on line
to have "technical questions answered" and when they do, they also find out
we're a great gang of fun loving Leica users. Who not only can answer the
techie stuff, but also have a sense of humour and can answer those
requiring information on almost every aspect of photography,life and good
booze.:)

Which would you rather be?  A "bland loaf of white bread" ....all one
subject. Or a "mixed flavourful fruit cake?" :) With little bits of
knowledge on many subjects. I know most of us, (well OK not to speak for
most), me, I'd much rather be a nice tasting reasonably balanced fruit
cake! :) Never dull and boring. :) And yes with a mixture of Leicas and
lenses.:)

Now don't get carried away with the fruit cake stuff or I'll cry and tell
my wife you guys are being mean to me! :)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant