Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Noctilux as a GP lens
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 11:59:09 -0500

Tom-
Loved your post! The Nocti does perform credibly even stopped down. It is
like the old economic law- spending rises to meet income, there is a
corollary law in photography, that attempts to shoot in impossible
conditions and expectations of success rise to meet the quality of the
equipment. When you bolt that puppy on, you may shoot at f8 or f11, but you
keep finding all these opportunities to take shots in some of the damndest
places! Sometime just to see if you'll get results!
Surprisingly, you do! I took two rolls at a wedding rehearsal dinner where
the bulk of the light was from candles and really dimmed down tungsten- I
could tell because the images weren't just yellow, they were red. Everyone
wondered what the Hell I was doing- NO LIGHT! but a surprising number of
images came out and I had three requests for reprints as the subjects
couldn't believe I had actually gotten their photo!
If you have any previsualization ability at all, you almost forget the
intrusion into the viewfinder!
Dan
dwpost@msn.com