Subject: Re: [Leica] LEICA - M DRIVE
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 19:02:48 -0800

Darrell wrote:

>There is a rumour that Leica plan to bring out a redesigned M Drive to
>compliment the TTL is this true?. I had thought of going for the existing
>one.

>P.S.
>
>It must be possible for them to make a smaller one and quieter.
>It has also even been suggested that they might buy back the patent I
>believe they sold to Tom Abrahamsson, and produce a resigned Leicavit.>>>>>>>

Hi Darrell,

the present motor winder for the M retails for around $900 and it's my
underestanding not "many" are being purchased.  So if they design a new
quieter winder, would you imagine it would be less in purchase price?  Or
would you really spend $900 or more for an M winder?
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant