Subject: Re: [Leica] Your Favorite Color Slide Film
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 15:28:16 -0700

"Dale R. Reed" wrote:

> >"...nothing lasts forever..."
>
> snip
 These slides have not be carefully protected.  For
> most of their lives they have been stored in my attic in cardboard
> boxes.  The attic is very hot(100 degrees) for a couple months in late
> summer and generally moist and cool the other 10 months of the year.
> Dale
> ---
> $ dale-reed@worldnet.att.net Seattle, Washington U.S.A. $

Are you in Seattle, this is Portland. I have Kodachromes covered with
basement dust, but not faded.
You would think there would be a restore color balance from attic fading
photoshop plugin by now. In a sense there is. I hate it when they call
them filters.
I would love Kodachrome despite Paul Simon even if
it faded as fast as everything elses,
it didn't have such a special resonance with Leica glass,
it didn't have such a nice box,
it wasn't invented by two classical/Jazz? Jewish? Musicians in Rochester
New York in their kitchen in the '30s,
it didn't have such silky highlights,
it wasn't wonderful in 25,64 and 200, I like them all.
Mark RAbiner