Subject: [Leica] [ LEICA ] R6.2
From: barney@sgi50.wwb.noaa.gov (Barney Quinn)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 99 09:43:11 -0500

Hi,

My name is Barney. I'm a lurker. I do enjoy the occassional single
malt, but I really prefer a glass of Jammeson's finest Irish, straight
up. (What else would you expect from a Quinn? )

I want to ask for a bit of advice. I want to add "zoom" capability to
my Leica system. My goal is to have an every day, carry around system
which will minimize the amount of clobber I have to haul around with
me. (I also tend to be a pack rat.) Two choices which come to mind are
an R6.2 with a 28-70 F3.5-4.5 zoom, or a tri-elmar for my M6, to which
I might add either a 50mm R or 90 mm M lens. I'm particularly
interested in comments about the quality of the zoom lens.

Thank You,

Barney