Subject: [Leica] NYD
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 15:52:01 -0800 (PST)

Dan,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
G'day mate! If I were you, I'd certainly have my diggeridoo in a twist!
It's now obvious that Leica Solms, being in the Northern hemisphere, and not
familiar with the peculiarities of 'Down Under' need to send you a camera
calibrated for the Southern Hemisphere, with the shutter that goes in the
proper direction when it crosses the Equator.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A twisted diggeridoo is indeed a painful condition. You may have found the
answer, after all the water rushes down the dunnies the wrong way here as
well. :-)

Happy new Year

Alastair Firkin,