Subject: Re: [Leica] Project '99 ? a picture a day!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 14:55:43 -0600

>and only the very selected few
>(the Adams's and Salgados of this world) get to shoot what they want and
>make a living
>too.

As a matter of fact, most of his career, Ansel Adams had to shoot
commercial and advertising stuff. His personal stuff was only done on his
free time. He wasn't able to retire from commercial work until the late 60s
when print prices started going up. But he also tried to do one photo every
day if he could. And that after saying a crop of 12 good negatives in a
year is a good one.

I'd love to only shoot what I want to. But that's not going to pay the
bills. (But I ain't no Adams, or Cartier-Bresson (who was rich, so he
didn't have to work for a living).
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I think not, said Descartes, and disappeared.