Subject: [Leica] why not..?
From: Jeff Segawa <jsegawa@jademountain.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 11:44:32 -0700

This holiday season, Soundtrack, Office Depot, CompUSA and others were
running free financing deals, the gist of which is that you pay nothing for
6 months or a year, and if you pay off the balance before that time, you
owe nothing in finance charges whatsoever. And for a time, automobile
financing could be had at 1.9% APR.

Why not Leica? For that matter, why not Hasselblad? I spent part of Sunday
looking over a Zeiss 50 FLE lens for Hasselblad and though it'd be a fine
upgrade from my old, chrome lens. $3800+ ! Even after usual discounts and
rebates, it was still around $3K! You think there'd be a handy way to
reduce the sting of such purchases.

Jeff Segawa
See my photography online at
http://www.netone.com/~segawa