Subject: [Leica] Davidson, etc.
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 10:20:34 -0800

[Walter wrote]

> I only lacked Bruce's eye/location/etc > Or did I?

Walter's right: "To see or not to see." That is the question!

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to use older
equipment or . . . endure the slings and arrows of
outrageous (modern) quality control defects . . . is not the issue.

I just looked again at some of the Eugene Smith essays in LIFE's archives.
What an eye! What a heart! I don't honor him because he had to make his
"raid on the inarticulate with shabby equipment" but because of what he saw
and felt and how much of that he could convey to me.  (Pretty good technique
too!).

- --Gib