Subject: Re: [Leica] Please, Post No Photos
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 09:00:37 -0700 (MST)

Terry, I agree posting photos as e-mail attachments with Netscape or IE is
a great way to communicate. However I beleive the LUG requests this not be
down because of the load on the server, and the  bandwidth used up in
communicating to hundreds of members, with large file attachments. I know
my e-mail reader doesn't handle them at all, I use a text-only browser for
the LUG because of speed, and access from anywhere I happen to have a
computer. Others are also using small handhelds that do not allow graphics
to be transmitted. In light of the above constraints, you should revisit
your thoughts about posting graphics to the list. It is less wasteful of
our donated resources if a URL is provided instead.
Noel Charchuk