Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The LUG is a family
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 20:05:04 -0600

A BMW motorcycle is called a Beemer and a BMW car is called a Bimmer.  This
is just a long time convention used by those who are enthusiasts of BMW's.
I think it started with BMW motorcyclists calling their bikes Beemers but
I'm not sure.  I know one thing, you'd better make sure you get this right
when you're around BMW motorcycle clubs:-)
Bud