Subject: Re: [Leica] WTB User M2
From: sidwar@juno.com (Sidney Warner)
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 13:08:08 EST

unable to reconcile logic of serial number debate.  only very stupid
thief would make fraudulent claim to police unless 100% certain true
owner does not have invoice to prove ownership.  like a beat up
automobile, scam most likely will backfire.  in any case, owner of
expensive camera equipment should obtain and keep invoice from seller
(whether dealer or private party) if only to provide evidence to
insurance company in event of loss.  also good practice to take slides of
equipment and store in bank deposit box.
Sidney Warner
On Fri, 1 Jan 1999 10:02:23 -0500 (EST) salex@idt.net (sam alexander)
writes:

>While I personally don't see the need for anyone to ever post a
>complete
>serial number. . .I'm equally not sure I can see what harm it could
>do.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]