Subject: Re: [Leica] second installment of comments from first time user
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 01:10:37 EST

In a message dated 12/31/98 6:19:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
walt@jove.acs.unt.edu writes:

<< the "flexes" and Rs have a distinctive sound
 to those not familiar with "Leicaflexes"......I still prefer that

The SL and SL2 have a different sound from the R3 which differs from the R4 to
R7 series. My feeling from having and using them all is that the Leicaflex
fires more quickly and with less delay than the R 4 to R7's. The R3 seems to
be between the SL and the R4 and on. This is only my impression from the feel
and sound of the cameras. Has anyone actually measured these different bodies?
BTW, the Leicaflex standard with the mirror locked up seems about as fast as
an M body.

Bob Figlio