Subject: Re: [Leica] second installment of comments from first time user
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 17:15:59 -0600 (CST)

Byron's right.....the "flexes" and Rs have a distinctive sound
to those not familiar with "Leicaflexes"......I still prefer that
term :)  -- part is because of their excellent mirrorbox/shutter
damping....unfortunately, although this improves sharpness, it
also adds to the irritating delay in exposure after pushing the
button......especially to M-users.   My older Nikon slrs, although
lacking finish and "feel" of the Rs, have less delay.....No, I
don't have figures on this, but after 25 years I don't need
them.
Walt

On Thu,
31