Subject: Re: [Leica] WTB User M2
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 14:50:43 -0600 (CST)

Now IF I wasn't more mature, and IF I wanted to carry on with this
and IF I didn't have better things to do on break and IF I just
wasn't an all-around nice guy, I'd point out that perhaps
those who travel around hawking their wares at camera shows were
possibly the sickos, but no, that'd be beneath me.... or that a
scenario goes like this:
1. Find the widow with the Leica.  (this could be a book in itself)
2. Since the camera has been in a leather bag in a closet for years,
   you take it to your "camera" guy....you know, the repairman who
   you can chisel into a "quickie" on the unit, just to get it
   "working" -- then you use HIS name to sell the camera (serviced
   completely by D.O.G. or whoever) Be sure to use the name, so
   the purchaser will know who to raise hell with in five years
   when it locks up on his first roll of film.
3. Price it at Tamarkin price, one of a kind ya know, a fine
   collectible "instrument".
4. So that you'll have clean cameras for the show, take that
   body shell off the water-damage one and put it on the beater.
   find a clean lens mount and put it on the front.  Take the
   top off that clean one with bad curtains- can't find anyone
   to replace 'em for free, ya know-- and put it on your frankenstein.
   Be sure to put that cam-follower from the junk RFDR on that
   "MINTY" one ya just built- oops, where did that washer go?
   Oh, what the hell.  They'll never shoot it anyway......
5. No, sorry, I can take your 90 f2 in trade on that elmar,
   but'll still need a couple hundred difference, trade in on
   that E48 lens is only $150, see it says right here in the
   Orion book.......

Now IF I were a small person, I could characterize camera shows
thusly....but I'm too nice a guy for that.  My "CLIENTS" will
defend me......?

Walt

On