Subject: RE: [Leica] Apples and Oranges
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 09:28:47 -0800

Eric,

Again, usage wise, Canon EOS cameras are the #1 used camera at sporting
events.  Next time you go to a big league stadium look around, about 80% are
Canon.  Nikon is playing catch up with the F5 and their new Silent Wave
lenses, but its late in the game and Canon has the lead.

Sounds like you own an F5?  People DO try to justify what they own.  It is a
great camera just too expensive and too big.  Nikon did knock the price down
recently, hope that helps them.  For me, I still prefer Canon L glass.
Sharper than the Nikkors and all have USM fast focusing motors so am not
limited to a few fast focusing lenses.

Peter K